Aggie Princess

Changed up the layout just for kicks. Like it?

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Ripping and burning

Here is an actual e-mail conversation I had with Kevin today. Its great.

Me: What does it mean to rip a CD???? Need to know. Gracias.

Love ya,
your fiance


Kevin: In layman's terms, ripping a CD means to take it off a CD and put it on a computer. A little more technical way to say it is that you take the .wav format file off of the CD and convert it into an .mp3 format. The action of converting from .wav to .mp3 is called "ripping". .wav file format is very large where as .mp3 is much more sutable for large volume file storage. The quality of .mp3 is therefore lower, but its hardly noticable. That explanation should answer most test questions, hope it wasn't too much.

Dawn,
your fiance(finance)


Me: you are so smart and I love it.

All I want to do is copy my CD onto the computer(Windows Media Player) so I can listen to it without putting in the CD all the time. Will ripping the CD accomplish this or does it ruin the CD???

Kisses


Kevin: yes it accomplishes it, and no it doesn't ruin the CD.
mwah!


Me: YAYYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you


you'd think a word like "ripping" would mean it ruins the CD. haha. I thought it stripped off all the info on the CD...such a violent word...haha

Kevin: haha, no, it totally makes sense. Anyone would think that. With burning and ripping being such integral words in using a computer its suprising they don't also use "tearing" and "mangling"....though the words "kicking and screaming" come to mind often.

Me: ohmygosh, i'm putting that on my blog...:-D

Kevin: awww, lol, i'm flattered.

ahhhhhh, isn't he great?

3 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Anonymous T said...

You guys are so cute!

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger ash said...

ya'll are dorks! :-) that's ok though cause we are too!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

I am so Great,
I am so Great,
G-A-R-E-T
-I mean- DOH!

-homer simpson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home