Aggie Princess

Changed up the layout just for kicks. Like it?

Monday, September 05, 2005

Skirts and oil

Today must be National Pretty Skirts Day and I missed the memo. I wore jeans. I swear at least 1/2 the girls on campus were wearing skirts today and I wanted about 1/2 of those. I saw so many cool skirts. I need to know where these chicas shop.

My daddy has been helping Huricane victims in Dallas. I'm so proud. College Station is hosting about 300 people at Reed, the Lincoln Center, and a church. I'm going to try and see if I can volunteer some time. I'm excited, I hope I can do it! When I went grocery shopping I was thinking about what it would be like to lose everything. I mean, everything. Car, computer, bed, furniture, clothes, jewerly, keepsakes, books, tv, guitar, momentos. Wow. On the one hand, it would be cool to start a fresh life all over again. On the other, it is expensive. I can't imagine.

Looks like I had nothing special to say on this post. Oh. Gas prices. I know we have the technology to make cars that don't run on gas, so why are we still dependent on oil? Why don't we switch to the cars that don't need it? It would be more efficient, cheaper in the long run, and better for the Earth. I guess we are still using oil in order to protect the industry. Thousands of jobs would be lost if we stopped using gas, including my fiancee's dad. But, still... I'm sick of using up the Earth's natural resources at such an incredibly rapid rate. Surely it isn't good to use up millions of years of oil in a century...

7 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I definitely don't have all the answers, but I know that as long as people keep sharing ideas like this, the truth will eventually reveal itself and maybe it can make a difference somewhere.

I think this blog rocks! Keep up the good work, I've bookmarked it and will definitely swing by again soon.

Feel free to pay a visit to my Canada immigration site. It might not be your "cup of tea", but it covers Canada immigration related topics.

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger for Word
Blogger for Word Anyone who manages a blog has probably wished at some point that blogging software was more like a word processor.
Amazing job on your Blog! I'll definitely be coming back.
compare broadband phone services

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger jaclyn said...

OH MY GOSH STOP SPAMMING ME YOU POSERS!!!!!!!!!!! I want comments from my friends... :-(

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger ash said...

hehe. i wore a pretty skirt yesterday. :-) i heart skirts, i've been on a shoe and skirt fix lately.

i want to help some people from NO but don't know what to do other than take some stuff down to the donation center... i want to be of service not just make a donation!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Its not national wear a skirt day, close though. Its national be a freshman and don't know how to be a slacker yet cloths day. Stupid freshmen making all us upperclassmen compete with their fickle high-school standards :-P

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

yuck, that spam tasted horrible.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger jaclyn said...

um, earth to Kevin. Skirts are not "fancy dress-up clothes" anymore. I wore a skirt every day last week, they are as casual as jeans now a days. Gosh, don't you read the fashion magazines? hahahahahaha....love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home